Revenge at Silent Hill
Revenge at Silent Hill
Revenge at Silent Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A group of people cross paths at Pleasant Grove Hotel, not knowing of the danger that's bearing down on them since they had checked in. As the fog creeps in, the remaining survivors are thrown in a hellish nightmare. It's a fight for survival and escape

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marvin's entrance.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeltParker

ZeltParker

Marvin's entrance.  Empty
PostSubject: Marvin's entrance.    Marvin's entrance.  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Marvin pushed open the door of the Pleasant Grove Hotel as he stepped inside, instantly feeling refreshed by the cold air produced from the air conditioner. He looked down at his filthy clothing. His grey sweater was coated in burn stains and dirt, and the buttons at the top were missing. The dark collar was ripped in several places, and his black jeans had multiple holes in them. Taking a step forward, his dress shoes made a loud squeak as the sole of his mud-madded shoes flapped with his movement. Looking up at the room, it was obviously going to be expensive. The desk was made from a fine wood, most likely fir wood. On the desk rested a flat screen computer beside a lamp that looked rather expensive as well. The papers on the desk were nicely organized and the pencils and pens were placed into a small glass cup. The flower vase contained five red roses that had barely wilted.

Looking left and right, Marvin could see the furniture was well placed and designed. There were red couches and comforting chairs with matching pillows. They seemed to shine in the light from the chandelier above.

Motioning himself to focus, Marvin turned back toward the desk with some hope of working out a deal to allow him at least one night here. He stepped toward the desk.
Back to top Go down
http://zeltparker.tumblr.com
KraziiKitsune
Admin
KraziiKitsune

PostSubject: The Manager   Marvin's entrance.  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:34 pm

A tired old manager with a balding area on top of his head, looking to be in his 40's, looked up at you. He grunts, he is eyeing you from head to toe. He rubs his hands on his shirt to wipe off the powder from a doll he was making(you assume it's for his niece, who's picture you see sitting on the desk.)

He clears his throat and out came a clear deep voice, "Yes? How may I help you, sir?"
Back to top Go down
https://rash-nightmare43.rpg-board.net
ZeltParker

ZeltParker

PostSubject: Re: Marvin's entrance.    Marvin's entrance.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:12 am

Marvin places his right arm on the back of his head and rubs his dirty black hair.

"Well sir...you see..."

He suddenly decided a way to do it.

"I am looking for Mr. Homles. He works here as the Co-manager, he called me and told me of the accident with his son and that he wanted me to come for comfort. He said he had a room placed just for me."

Marvin kept a smile upon his face so that it seemed like it was true. He had some hope that it would work, if not....well he would just keep throwing lies. Lying was always a good thing when you have no one to love in life.

Marvin looked at the man's face to see if he seemed at all convinced.
Back to top Go down
KraziiKitsune
Admin
KraziiKitsune

PostSubject: He eyes you curiously    Marvin's entrance.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:14 am

The manager was hesitant. He had taken in this kid with dirty black hair. In his line of business he gets all kinds of characters and he sensed that you were up to something. But it was late and he had nothing better to do.

He shrugged and turned around at the wall with a cabinet, he opened it and lifted a key from the bracket. With hesitation he held out the key, "I assure you, there is no Mr. Holmes that has signed in. But I'll give you a room key just in case he decides to show up or something. Here you are. Room 204. You can either pay now or tomorrow. Depending on how long your stay is."
Back to top Go down
ZeltParker

ZeltParker

PostSubject: Re: Marvin's entrance.    Marvin's entrance.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:15 am

Marvin smiled as he pulled out his wallet. It was a simple leather wallet that had many wrinkles and tears on it. He open the pouch and pulled out four bills, a twenty and three ones. The twenty was ripped in the top right corner and had a black stain on the bottom right, and the ones were all stains with a blue marker from a previous incident at the last town he had passed through.

Marvin placed the money on the desk. He wasn't quite sure how the man would respond to the small amount of money but he would attempt to talk his way through it.

"I will do any kind of work to pay for the rest, whatever I can do to help."

He scratched the back of his head once more as he placed his wallet back in his back pocket and then he glared at the man.

"Will my room have a candle?"
Back to top Go down
KraziiKitsune
Admin
KraziiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: Marvin's entrance.    Marvin's entrance.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:56 pm

He looked at the small amount of money the boy had placed on the desk. The money looked pathetic and like it had been through some kind of ordeal. But he didn't expect less from someone this boys age, but he was willing to work it off. He looked around the office, tapping his finger deep in thought of possible work for the boy to pay off the rest of the debt.

"Well-" The manager paused, making sure to get your attention, "You could always be a bell boy. Take peoples luggages to their rooms, try to get tips and you can always work behind this desk." You see the manager pat the desk that lay between them very fondly. He looked at the desk for a minute before continuing on, "As for your question about the candles.. Well. Our rooms come with light fixtures, so the room doesn't come with candles...for..safety reasons. Y'know possible fire hazards, people falling asleep with the fire still burning. Stuff like that."

The manager took a mental note of the you and your attire. He wasn't too sure about you and you see that. "Anyways, it's been pretty quiet around here lately. People come and go, as a bellboy you can take their luggage to their rooms when they check in. When they check out help them with luggage to their car. Working behind the desk, you can assign rooms to the customers, do a little bit of paperwork," he motioned around the desk and counter that was littered with paper,"you'll get paid for it, given that I do take a little out your pay to recoup for the money owed but the rest will be yours to spend."

You watch as the manager walks to the right of the counter, he opens the drawer looking for something. He grumbles and mutters a few choice words before finally pulling out a paper, "Here ya go son, this is an application. Just fill out what you can and tell me how you'd like to get your money and then turn it in and you'll be ready to work!."

He hands you a paper and a half chewed pen.
Back to top Go down
ZeltParker

ZeltParker

PostSubject: Re: Marvin's entrance.    Marvin's entrance.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Marvin smiled as he grabbed the paper and pen. He snickered as he saw the blue pen and its teeth marks. He turned and walked over toward the red furniture and sat down. The couch made a funny noise as he sat down so he looked back at the man at the counter.

Turning back, he looked down at the application and stared it down.
Back to top Go down
KraziiKitsune
Admin
KraziiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: Marvin's entrance.    Marvin's entrance.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:42 pm

The application reads:

Name:

Phone #:

Email:

Are you able to perform essential funtions for the job or the postion that is required: Yes/No

If necessary will you be able to do overtime: Yes/No

Are you a U.S. Resident: Yes/No

What time can you work: Any/Morning/Afternoon/Night/Split/Graveyard

What days can you work: Any/Mon/Tues/Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun

References(If any):

Who to contact if you're injured:

Do you have in illnesses to be aware of: Yes/No If so list here:

Are you 18 or older: Yes/No If not and you're younger than 16 do you have a worker's permit?

[That's all there is to see on the application]

You look at the application and how straight to the point it was. The manager had pulled up a chair behind the desk and turned on the tv. He had his legs up on the desk with his arms folded around his chest. He noticed your reaction and bellowed with laughter, "Don't you worry about it son, it happens to the best of us." You could tell he was joking around, to help lighten the mood in the place. He was patiently waiting on you to finish the application, he noticed you pause. You could feel the manager's eyes drill into you as he was making a mental note of everything about you and your demeanor. Occasionally he'd turn his head to the tv and watch it for a bit, belt out a deep laugh that you could feel vibrating through your chest and then flicker his eyes over to you to check and see how you were doing so far on the application.
Back to top Go down
ZeltParker

ZeltParker

PostSubject: Re: Marvin's entrance.    Marvin's entrance.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Marvin sighs as he places the pen against the paper and begins to write.

Name:
Marvin Gamble

Phone #:
None

Email:
None

Are you able to perform essential funtions for the job or the postion that is required: Yes/No
Yes

If necessary will you be able to do overtime: Yes/No
Yes

Are you a U.S. Resident: Yes/No
Yes

What time can you work: Any/Morning/Afternoon/Night/Split/Graveyard
Any

What days can you work: Any/Mon/Tues/Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun
Any

References(If any):
None

Who to contact if you're injured:
Mr. Holmes

Do you have in illnesses to be aware of: Yes/No If so list here:
None

Are you 18 or older: Yes/No If not and you're younger than 16 do you have a worker's permit?
Yes

Marvin looks back up noticing the world around him. He looked back over at the man as he stood up.

"I am done sir."

He walked over toward the desk and sat down the paper and pen.

"Here you go sir."

Back to top Go down
KraziiKitsune
Admin
KraziiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: Marvin's entrance.    Marvin's entrance.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 5:05 pm

The manager took the paper up and scanned it quickly, "Perfect." He goes to the back and slides the paper in a file. It was apparent he wasn't even in the slightest interested in the application. "Just for legal matters, just in case type thing." The manager called out as he was rustling around in the back, looking for something.

After a few minutes he comes back to the front, shrugging. "Well young man, I couldn't find a uniform or anything that'd fit you. But this place isn't exactly fany, so I guess any type of formal wear will do. If you'd like you can start tomorrow with work. It'll be easy I promise. It's probably the easiest money you'll ever make in your lifetime, kid."

He gave a warm smile to you, looking at you kind of like how a father looks at his son in a proud moment. He blinks and shakes his head and looks around for something. He leans down and picks up a box. It was a scented candle.

"You asked about a candle. Hope you don't mind this one. I usually keep this one in here to give off a good scent every now and then. It's alot safer than having the candle stick in a holder, eh?"

He hands you the box with the candle jar in it. "Don't tell anyone where you got that okay?" He put a finger to his lips, signaling the secrecy of it and gave another smile with a wink, "Now take your key and get outta here."

As he turns to go back to the back he looks over his shoulder and said, "Y'know kid, you're smart. Next time you come up with a lie. Try looking at the log-in book and finding a name in there that's already here. That would've been more believable. Heck, even saying that the man was on his way here would've been more believable."

With that he goes in the back and turns up the tv and lets out that soon familiar laugh.
Back to top Go down
ZeltParker

ZeltParker

PostSubject: Re: Marvin's entrance.    Marvin's entrance.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Marvin smiled as he looked at they key and the candle. He was automatically happier due to the candle; he didn't even care that he got caught in a lie.

He looks back at the man and ask.

"Before I go, do you have somewhere I can wash my clothes? I assume this isn't formal enough to work in."
Back to top Go down
KraziiKitsune
Admin
KraziiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: Marvin's entrance.    Marvin's entrance.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:05 pm

The man ruffled around his desk and hands you a map of the hotel complex. He looked at you in the eye, "Son, this is a hotel. Wouldn't be much of a business if we didn't have laundry rooms," He laughs, "Can't have the guests walking around looking like hobos, now do we?"

He chuckled some more at himself and the thought of the hotel guests looking about as ragged and rough as he was. He added, "Every floor like you see on this map," He points to the area that was marked in a bolded "L", "has a laundry room... Right next to where the vending machines are." He taps the paper for extra emphasis on his point.

The man continued, "The names Henry by the way. I suppose if we're gonna work together we might as well get to know each other. Welcome to Pleasant Grove."

You see Henry's eyes drift off into the distance, a frown starting to come over his kind face. He seems to be deep in thought, whatever it was you can tell that it was bothering him immensely. When he looks at you a chill comes over you. It was like he was looking at you but seeing something, something horrifying. As if he was looking through you.

In a flash he grips your arm tightly and starts to squeeze your arm with unimaginable force; he started to shake. But just as quickly as it had come it left him and the dark shadow that had crossed his eyes went back to being crystal clear. But the man's demeanor had changed. Sadness was in his wake, he gave you a week smile.

"It's best you get outta here kid, and set up shop in your new room. I found some clothes that you can use, it'll be a bit bigger than you are but it will do. If you wash them, it'll shrink anyways to fit you more comfortably. Don't forget, you're on the second floor. Room 204."
Back to top Go down
ZeltParker

ZeltParker

PostSubject: Re: Marvin's entrance.    Marvin's entrance.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Marvin, very surprised by the man and his sudden change, takes the map and nods. He begins to walk away.
Back to top Go down
KraziiKitsune
Admin
KraziiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: Marvin's entrance.    Marvin's entrance.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:36 pm

Henry watched you walk away, a little bit shaken by his sudden change. The man took out his pocket watch and looked the clock long and hard. Not sure what to do or even think about the sudden fear that he felt that came through earlier. He felt it, and he couldn't get rid of the feeling of impending doom that was gonna come crashing down on them like hell fire. He shivered at the thought of what it could be that he was feeling.

He inhaled sharply and shook his head. His eyes filled with fear as he looked out at the incoming fog that was starting to cascade around the hotel.. His heart quickened and leaped into his throat. His eyes flickered around and about through the fog trying to catch something that was dangerous and possibly hiding through the fog.

The man grabbed his cross and called out, "Beware of the fog there son, don't wanna get caught out in that. Be very wary of the fog out here in Pleasant Grove. Bad news travels with the fog."

Quickly he fell behind the boy and closed the door, as if his intentions were to keep the fog out and that the door would protect him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvin's entrance.    Marvin's entrance.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvin's entrance.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Revenge at Silent Hill :: Pleasent Grove :: Pleasent Grove Hotel :: Front Desk-
Jump to: